On April 29, 2021. Bickhardt Bau Polska Sp. z o.o - Consortium Leader signed a contract for the implementation of the investment entitled
Construction of the Western Axis in Wrocław along the national road No. 94
Works completion date April 2023.
The contract value is PLN 181.5 million (Commune 167 million, MPWiK 14 million, EU subsidy - nearly PLN 134 million)
The scope of work on this task will include the execution of:
- 4.2 km of roads (2 km of ul. Kosmonautów and 2.2 km of al. Stabłowicka),
- 5.5 km of bicycle paths,
- 6 km of pavements,
- 1 km of walking and cycling routes,
- 2 tunnels for pedestrians and cyclists,
- a viaduct along Aleja Stabłowicka over the railway line towards Legnica, 143 m long,
- 2.2 km of green tram track with new tram and bus stops,
- new underground utilities infrastructure,
- new power networks, including lighting,
- acoustic screens,
- new plantings of trees and shrubs.
At the end of June this year. Preparatory works have started on the construction site of the Western Axis in Wrocław. After the site was checked by the engineers' supervision and the trees by the ornithological supervision, the Contractor could proceed to fencing and dehumusing the area for the new track at ul. Cosmonauts in Wrocław. There are also archaeological sites on the construction site, which are constantly checked by the archaeological supervision. After the archaeological research is completed, earthworks will begin related to the construction of a new track, water supply network and a bus terminus along with the 2KDL road.