Reconstruction of the diametral North-South tramway line in Wrocław
Orderer: ZDiK Wrocław, ul. Długa 49, 53-633 Wrocław
This project covers the following scope of Works: reconstruction of ul.Grodzka between the Pomorski Bridge and ul.Piaskowa, reconstruction of ul.Swidnicka (from ul.Modrzejewskiej to ul.Bożego Ciała), ul.Bożego Ciała, pl.Teatralny, ul.Widok, ul.Szewska, ul.Wita Stwosza (from ul.Szewska to ul.Łaciarska) including all intersections. The whole area covered by the future project is situated in the center of Wrocław and is covered by a strict conservator’s protection.
The project covers:
- reconstruction of the existing tramway lines over the route of streets Swidnicka – Pl.Teatralny – Widok – Szewska – Grodzka 2068 m long, using modern technologies to construct the line, with particular emphasis on reducing shocks, adding another tramway line in ul.Widok (150 m long),
- reconstruction of the roadway and sidewalks on ul.Grodzka together with the necessary infrastructure and reconstruction of 4 light signals systems,
- illumination of the historical wharf wall of ul.Grodzka, construction of a pedestrian boulevard (suspended sidewalk at the Uniwersytecki Bridge) and setting up green grounds,
- restricting motor traffic on ul.Swidnicka between ul.Bożego Ciała and Pl,Teatralny,
- significant restrictions on the motor traffic on Pl.Teatralny,
- converting most of ul.Szewska into a pedestrian-tramway walkway and restricting motor traffic between ul.Kazimierza Wielkiego and ul.Ofiar Oświęcimskich
- applying traditional stone materials on sidewalks and attractive development of the area (architectural details)
A Jumping Jet water fountain at the Maria Magdalena Cathedral will be an attraction. It will consist of four glass balls (imported from RSA).